By J. Warner Wallace
Written via an L. A. County murder detective and previous atheist, Cold-Case Christianity examines the claims of the recent testomony utilizing the talents and techniques of a hard-to-convince felony investigator.
Christianity should be outlined as a “cold case”: it makes a declare approximately an occasion from the far away prior for which there's little forensic facts. In Cold-Case Christianity, J. Warner Wallace makes use of his nationally well-known talents as a murder detective to examine the proof and eyewitnesses at the back of Christian ideals. together with gripping tales from his occupation and the visible thoughts he constructed within the court docket, Wallace makes use of representation to check the robust facts that validates the claims of Christianity.
A certain apologetic that speaks to readers’ excessive curiosity in detective tales, Cold-Case Christianity conjures up readers to believe in Christ because it prepares them to articulate the case for Christianity.
Read or Download Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels PDF
Best religious studies & reference books
In line with one of many maximum residing theologians, Wolfhart Pannenberg, this publication is the 1st accomplished research of 'human destiny'. Mapping out the circulate of humanity over the process its historical past to its universal future from construction via sin and ethics to eschatology, the publication examines the level to which Herder has encouraged Pannenberg's paintings during this very important sector and exhibits how Pannenberg's' undertaking on ethics has constructed and matured.
Terrorists and peacemakers may possibly develop up within the related group and cling to an analogous non secular culture. The killing performed by way of one and the reconciliation fostered through the opposite point out the diversity of dramatic and contradictory responses to human affliction by means of spiritual actors. but religion's skill to encourage violence is in detail concerning its both amazing strength as a strength for peace, specifically within the transforming into variety of conflicts all over the world that contain spiritual claims and religiously encouraged fighters.
Faith is taken into account a key predictor of volunteering: the extra spiritual everyone is, the much more likely they're to volunteer. This optimistic organization enjoys major aid in present learn; in truth, it may be thought of the ‘default standpoint’ at the dating among either phenomena.
The moral Foundations of Early Daoism: Zhuangzi's designated ethical imaginative and prescient argues that we will be able to learn early Daoist texts as works of ethical philosophy that talk to perennial issues in regards to the well-lived lifestyles within the context of how. Lee argues that we will be able to interpret early Daoism as an ethics of attunement.
- Theodoret of Cyrus (The Early Church Fathers)
- Oxford studies in philosophy of religion Volume 1
- The Ethics of Sankara and Santideva: A Selfless Response to an Illusory World
- Relationship between Balik-Islam (Muslim Reverts) and full-fledged Muslims under the Auspices of Islamic Teachings in Philippine Setting
- Speaking of a Personal God: An Essay in Philosophical Theology
- Truth in Aquinas (Routledge Radical Orthodoxy)
Additional resources for Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels
4. The disciples’ transformation following the alleged resurrection is inconsistent with the claim that the appearances were only a lie. How could their own lies transform them into courageous evangelists? THE DISCIPLES WERE DELUSIONAL Some skeptics believe that the disciples, as a result of their intense grief and sorrow, only imagined seeing Jesus alive after His death on the cross. These critics claim that the appearances were simply hallucinations that resulted from wishful thinking. THE PROBLEMS: This proposal fails to explain the empty tomb and only accounts for the resurrection experiences at first glance.
It’s been my experience that witnesses who first come upon the dead body of someone they care about quickly check for the most obvious sign of life. Is the person who was injured still breathing? This test is simple and effective; everyone is capable of performing it, and even those who know nothing about human biology instinctively resort to it. It’s also been my experience that three conditions become apparent in the bodies of dead people: temperature loss, rigidity, and lividity. Dead people lose warmth until they eventually reach the temperature of their environment.
All of us have learned the intuitive difference between possible and reasonable. When it comes right down to it, just about anything is possible. You may not even be reading this book right now, even though you think that you are. It’s possible that aliens covertly kidnapped you last night and have induced a dreamlike, out-of-body, extraterrestrial hallucination. While you think this experience of reading is real, you may actually wake up tomorrow morning to discover yourself in an alien spaceship.