By Hiroo Tominaga, Masakazu Tamaki
Chemical response and Reactor layout starts off with a dialogue of chemical reactions, emphasizing chemical equilibrium and fee of response and proceeds to the speculation and perform of warmth and mass move, and critical concerns within the layout of chemical reactors. the ultimate component of the publication offers distinct case stories from the chemical masking the six chemical approaches: naphtha cracking, steam reforming, epoxy resin construction, hydro-treating, fluid catalytic cracking and flue gasoline desulfurization.
Read or Download Chemical Reaction and Reactor Design PDF
Best inorganic books
Here's the great two-volume index to all the compounds, topics, and authors featured within the eighteen-volume Inorganic Reactions and strategies sequence. Already deemed "invaluable" through the magazine of Organometallic Chemistry, the sequence turns into much more crucial with the book of those ordinary, quick-reference better half indexes.
This workbook in stereochemistry is designed for college kids, teachers and scientists in chemistry, pharmacy, biology and medication who take care of chiral chemicals and their houses. It serves as a complement to textbooks and seminars and therefore presents chosen examples for college kids to perform using the conventions and terminology for the precise 3-dimensional description of chemical substances.
Addresses the entire gamut of questions in metalloprotein technological know-how Formatted as a question-and-answer advisor, this publication examines all significant households of steel binding proteins, featuring our most modern knowing in their structural, physicochemical, and sensible homes. additionally, it introduces new and rising clinical purposes of metalloproteins.
- Thermal Analysis: Vol. 2 Inorganic Chemistry/Metallurgy Earth Sciences Organic Chemistry/Polymers Biological Sciences/Medicine/Pharmacy
- Progress in Inorganic Chemistry, Volume 7
- Selenium in the environment
- Chemical Photocatalysis
Extra info for Chemical Reaction and Reactor Design
13) Rearrangement of Eq. 13) by use of the diffusion flux theorem, Eq. 14) Substitution of Eq. 14) into Eq. 15) This indicates that the mass flux in unidirectional diffusion is l/(l-WAs) times as large as the diffusion flux at the interface. 3 shows a schematic picture of the concentration profile near the interface between two fluids. At the interface, the surface concentrations of each phase are at their equilibrium conditions, but the concentrations near the interface are usually different from the one at the interface.
42), or the diffusion equation, Eq.
18) where the proportionality constant h [W /(m 2 K)] on the right-hand side of Eq. 18) is called the heat transfer coefficient. 4 OVERALL HEAT TRANSFER COEFFICIENT If heat is transferred from the high-temperature fluid to the low-temperature one through a solid wall, such as is the case with heat exchangers, the temperature difference between the wall and the bulk fluid is usually observed on both sides of the heating wall. The heat flux through the wall can be calculated by use of the overall heat transfer coefficient U [W /(m 2 K)] in a similar way.