By Carol Belanger Grafton
Over 750 specific, fine quality illustrations from infrequent 19th-century resources: matches of armor, chain mail, swords, helmets, knives, crossbows and different implements, in addition to scenes of conflict, squaddies, horses, artillery and extra. in particular compatible for initiatives requiring a medieval or outdated style, those illustrations will fill a myriad of wishes for battle-related image artwork.
Read Online or Download Arms and Armor: A Pictorial Archive from Nineteenth-Century Sources (Dover Pictorial Archive) PDF
Best nonfiction books
Mobile applied sciences, speedier connection speeds, and the 24/7 connectivity that has result in the advance of social media have created an explosion of web use within the ten years because the preliminary e-book of internet knowledge: how one can assessment and Create details caliber on the net. A decade in the past, those applied sciences and actions didn't exist or have been the purview of small decide upon teams of net clients. regardless of dramatic adjustments within the on-line realm, the fundamental assessment rules provided within the first variation stay as appropriate this present day as they have been within the Nineties. maintaining with the advances required to navigate the net for study, this moment variation provides:
* accelerated dialogue of copyright, trademark, and different similar matters with particular connection with internet authoring
* New chapters on user-generated content material and the demanding situations current by way of net assets
* elevated dialogue on concerns concerning incorporation of multimedia parts into websites
* Revised and up to date online page reveal captures that illustrate the most important techniques mentioned
* A better half website with supplemental fabrics regarding the evaluate and production of web pages
Many humans mistakenly suppose that as on-line applied sciences mature and using Internet-based content material turns into ubiquitous, the necessity to emphasize serious assessment abilities lessens. to the contrary, the outstanding worldwide progress of the net coupled with the ever expanding sophistication of on-line applied sciences and software program functions calls for contributors to be even savvier internet clients. This publication describes the fundamental components that internet source clients, new or skilled, have to deal with to spot trustworthy and sensible on-line content material. The e-book additionally presents very important counsel for creators of Web-based assets to extra successfully show their messages to net clients. offered in a simple and hugely obtainable structure for readers of all backgrounds, the instruments and techniques defined during this publication can assist clients and creators of Internet–based content material to satisfy the various review demanding situations posed through the internet.
* every one bankruptcy is loaded with code examples and routines that let the reader to fast examine a number of the suggestions linked to 3D net improvement
* the one software program that the reader must run the examples is an HTML5 enabled sleek internet browser. No extra instruments needed.
* a realistic beginner's consultant with a quick paced yet pleasant and fascinating process in the direction of 3D internet improvement
WebGL is a brand new net expertise that brings hardware-accelerated 3D pix to the browser with no fitting extra software program. As WebGL relies on OpenGL and brings in a brand new notion of 3D pictures programming to net improvement, it will probably look unusual to even skilled net builders.
Packed with many examples, this ebook indicates how WebGL should be effortless to benefit regardless of its unfriendly visual appeal. each one bankruptcy addresses one of many vital facets of 3D pictures programming and offers diversified choices for its implementation. the themes are continuously linked to workouts that would permit the reader to place the thoughts to the try in an instantaneous manner.
What you are going to study from this booklet
* comprehend the constitution of a WebGL software
* construct and render 3D gadgets with WebGL
* Load complicated versions utilizing JSON and AJAX
* organize a lights version utilizing shaders, physics of sunshine mirrored image, and lights ideas
* Create a digital camera and use it to maneuver round a 3D scene
* Use texturing, lighting fixtures and shading options so as to add higher realism to 3D scenes
* enforce collection of gadgets in a 3D scene with the mouse
* complex thoughts to create extra visually complicated and compelling scenes
This booklet is a step by step educational that incorporates entire resource code for the entire examples lined. each bankruptcy builds on best of the former one thereby giving the reader a right away feeling of development. each one block of code is defined, and 3D internet improvement ideas are diagrammed and coated in detail.
Who this e-book is written for
Can whales converse throughout miles of monstrous ocean? Can elephants check with each other with sounds we will be able to no longer listen? Can birds’ calls support us count number them within the sky? those are the categories of questions that force the paintings of acoustic biologists.
In secrets and techniques of Sound, writer April Pulley Sayre introduces us to 3 artistic scientists—Christopher W. Clark, Katy Payne, and invoice Evans—who have committed themselves to getting to know how and why animals converse. Sayre explores how new applied sciences and mystery army info lately published are assisting those scientists make fascinating discoveries. Such paintings increases as many questions because it solutions, and for the scientists (and readers) that’s part the fun.
This publication celebrates the demanding situations of lab and fieldwork and the joys of discovery. It not just explores the area of animal verbal exchange but additionally highlights the serious function medical examine can play in maintaining endangered animals.
Instill grammar basics utilizing classes that stick! during this booklet, authors Amy Benjamin and Joan Berger proportion systems for instructing grammar successfully and dynamically, in ways in which attract scholars and academics alike. perfect for lecturers simply starting their paintings in grammar guideline, this publication contains daily devices and reproducibles to assist them embed grammar classes into writing guideline.
- One of Us: The Story of Anders Breivik and the Massacre in Norway
- BurdaStyle Sewing Vintage Modern: Mastering Iconic Looks from the 1920s to 1980s
- V0L0 Magazine (September 2014)
- Your Dream Wedding: A Wonderful Aid for All Couples Planning Their Big Day
Extra info for Arms and Armor: A Pictorial Archive from Nineteenth-Century Sources (Dover Pictorial Archive)
Sullivan. © 2013 The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. Published 2013 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1c) where D is the electric ﬂux density. Notice that Eq. 1b) is written in the frequency domain. The reason for this will be explained later. 2b) which leads to 1 ∂D =√ ∇ × H, ∂t ε0 μ0 D(ω) = εr∗ (ω) · E (ω), 1 ∂H = −√ ∇ × E. 3c) We saw in Chapter 1 that the forms of Eq. 3c) lead to the very simple ﬁnite-difference equations, Eq. 4b), respectively. The only change is the use of D instead of E.
2013 The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. Published 2013 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1c) where D is the electric ﬂux density. Notice that Eq. 1b) is written in the frequency domain. The reason for this will be explained later. 2b) which leads to 1 ∂D =√ ∇ × H, ∂t ε0 μ0 D(ω) = εr∗ (ω) · E (ω), 1 ∂H = −√ ∇ × E. 3c) We saw in Chapter 1 that the forms of Eq. 3c) lead to the very simple ﬁnite-difference equations, Eq. 4b), respectively. The only change is the use of D instead of E.
3c) lead to the very simple ﬁnite-difference equations, Eq. 4b), respectively. The only change is the use of D instead of E. However, we still have to get Eq. 3b) into a time domain difference equation for implementation into FDTD. The ﬁrst task is to shift from the frequency domain to the time domain. 4) σ E(ω). 5) and substitute Eq. 4) into Eq. 3b): D(ω) = εr E(ω) + Taking the ﬁrst term into the time domain is not a problem because it is a simple multiplication. In the second term, Fourier theory tells us that 1/j ω in the frequency domain is integration in the time domain, so Eq.